Marisa Gissi
Marisa Gissi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:23
Member (2006)
Swedish to Italian
+ ...
Jun 15, 2022

Hi everyone, I have imported a PDF file into Studio 2019 and it went just fine, I have exported it back to a PDF and it doesn't give an error message. Unluckly when I try to open it from Acrobat, it says that the file is "of non supported type, or it has been damaged".
Do I need a special / updated plug-in to create a functioning file? To be installed in Studio, or a different Acrobat version?

thank you in advance!
Marisa

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:23
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hello Marisa Jun 15, 2022

As it was already explained here many times before, Trados does NOT create PDFs, you CANNOT export it "back to PDF". The final translation is in DOC or DOCX format. You need to deliver this DOC as your final file (or create a PDF yourself using Acrobat).

[Edited at 2022-06-15 08:20 GMT]

Marisa Gissi
expressisverbis
Yossi Rozenman

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

export of pdf failed: how to solve

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »