I need help cancelling TM (if possible) I exceeded trial
Thread poster: Kimmy
Kimmy
Kimmy
Local time: 18:52
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 4, 2005

TU and now I need to delver files today that I can't clean!

I know I'm stupid but I blindly went ahead working like a trojan and didn't think of the consequences.
As the second file is relatively short (the "straw that broke the camel's back" file!) Can I cancel all the TM relative to that file and then do a clean up on the original bigger job?????????
Can I just click on the Edit TM button, select the TM that I want to delete and delete it! Thus liberating some space???
... See more
TU and now I need to delver files today that I can't clean!

I know I'm stupid but I blindly went ahead working like a trojan and didn't think of the consequences.
As the second file is relatively short (the "straw that broke the camel's back" file!) Can I cancel all the TM relative to that file and then do a clean up on the original bigger job?????????
Can I just click on the Edit TM button, select the TM that I want to delete and delete it! Thus liberating some space??? Or am I going to have to retype everything!!!!!????

BTW, how do I get to the "clean" window I can't see it anywhere!!!!
Not quick clean by definitive clean???

After delivering these jobs I'll be buying a licence that's for sure!

HEEEEELP Deadline is TODAY!!!!!!!

Kim
Collapse

espurna
espurna
Spain
Local time: 10:52
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Create a new one Mar 4, 2005

Hi Kim,

You can just create a new TM and clean the file using this one. So you can preserve the segments you have after buying your license.

Hope it helps.

Joaquim

Dan Ilioiu
Dan Ilioiu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 11:52
English to Romanian
+ ...
trial exceeded Mar 4, 2005

I'm not sure I understand your problem, but here's my advice:

1. You can open your TM in word and manualy delete a part of it (as to make the number of TUs less than 500. After that, open the translated ('dirty') document and perform a 'Clean' or a 'Quick clean' operation.

2. Another option, is to leave the TM as it is, open the translated ('dirty') document, click the wordfast (f) button and create a new TM (which will be empty, of course). After that, perform the clea
... See more
I'm not sure I understand your problem, but here's my advice:

1. You can open your TM in word and manualy delete a part of it (as to make the number of TUs less than 500. After that, open the translated ('dirty') document and perform a 'Clean' or a 'Quick clean' operation.

2. Another option, is to leave the TM as it is, open the translated ('dirty') document, click the wordfast (f) button and create a new TM (which will be empty, of course). After that, perform the cleaning. If you want to use the TM for the other document, you will have to reduce it as described above.
Collapse

Catherine Bolton
Catherine Bolton  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:52
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
cleaning up Mar 4, 2005

There isn't a "window". You need to go to the button with the funny "f" (far right on the toolbar). Press that, go to "tools" and then press "clean up". That will clean up your file. Since you've never done this before, make sure that the file to be cleaned up is the ONLY one open. There is a way to tell WF to clean up 1 doc out of a series of open ones, but you sound a little panicky so let's take things one at a time!
I don't know if you can erase part of your TM in the trial version.... See more
There isn't a "window". You need to go to the button with the funny "f" (far right on the toolbar). Press that, go to "tools" and then press "clean up". That will clean up your file. Since you've never done this before, make sure that the file to be cleaned up is the ONLY one open. There is a way to tell WF to clean up 1 doc out of a series of open ones, but you sound a little panicky so let's take things one at a time!
I don't know if you can erase part of your TM in the trial version.
HTH
Catherine
Collapse

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
exactly Mar 4, 2005

espurna wrote:
You can just create a new TM and clean the file using this one. So you can preserve the segments you have after buying your license.
Joaquim

And you can create as many TMs as you like with the unlicensed version, as long as they don't exceed about 500 TUs *individually*.

Anyway, you won't regret buying a license when you decide to do it!
Cheers,
Grace.

ps. remember to always keep a copy of the bilingual file. If anything happens to your TMs, you can create a new one out of the bilingual files

[Edited at 2005-03-04 16:03]

Kimmy
Kimmy
Local time: 18:52
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thansk guys! I got some wonderful PANICKY support Mar 4, 2005

from you all and especially from Dan (moderator) who I owe my life too (almost)

I have sorted through it now and made deadline with 20 mins to spare!

Phew!

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou!

Kim
(Off to sign up for a webinar on WORDFAST)

sylver
sylver  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:52
English to French
Comment Mar 23, 2005

You can work with a trial version of wordfast...but you shouldn't. If you actually do serious work, I guess it would be fair to pay for it. It doesn't cost that much.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need help cancelling TM (if possible) I exceeded trial

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »