New TM and ini-file with old document - languages changed?
Thread poster: Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:58
Czech to German
+ ...
Mar 20, 2005

Hi,

yesterday I started a translation with wordfast, setting the language to CZ-DE and everything was working fine but when I opened the same doc today it had changed to EN-US - FR-FR and my TM is empty (fortunately the word-text, i.e. my translation, itself is still there)...
I just created a new TM and ini-file with a copy of the rest of the text but how can I prevent it from switching back to some other language by tomorrow?

Any help is greatly appreciated!... See more
Hi,

yesterday I started a translation with wordfast, setting the language to CZ-DE and everything was working fine but when I opened the same doc today it had changed to EN-US - FR-FR and my TM is empty (fortunately the word-text, i.e. my translation, itself is still there)...
I just created a new TM and ini-file with a copy of the rest of the text but how can I prevent it from switching back to some other language by tomorrow?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Charlotte

PS: Windows 98SE, Word 2002, Wordfast 5.0t

[Edited at 2005-03-20 11:48]
Collapse

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
English to Czech
For more INI use WfIniManager Mar 21, 2005

Wf Ini Manager is DOT like Wordfast or Plustools.
It can be downloaded from Yahoo Wordfast Group / Files.

I can send it in privat, too. You can choose and edit your INIs.

Milan
Czech Wordfast Trainer

Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Czech to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Diky! Mar 21, 2005

Ahoj Milane,

thanks a lot for this link! I'm going to download and try it. Strange enough, the language has not changed since - but, well, you never know...

Charlotte

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New TM and ini-file with old document - languages changed?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »