Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
Local time: 13:23
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 31, 2005

Hello,

I urgently need to use my big WF TM for a huge job.

Some days ago my PC crashed once again and I had to reinstall WF and to relicense. However I'm not allowed to relicense because in WF site they say I relicense too many times (because of PC crashes and ALSO because many times I had WF message saying "this is a trial version" even if it wasn't true... and I had to relicense)

I use WF 4.22

What can I do to use my TM?

Can I s
... See more
Hello,

I urgently need to use my big WF TM for a huge job.

Some days ago my PC crashed once again and I had to reinstall WF and to relicense. However I'm not allowed to relicense because in WF site they say I relicense too many times (because of PC crashes and ALSO because many times I had WF message saying "this is a trial version" even if it wasn't true... and I had to relicense)

I use WF 4.22

What can I do to use my TM?

Can I spit it in more files and use them at once?

thanks
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:23
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Contact Yves personally Mar 31, 2005

Probably he will understand your case and allow you to relicense more often. But should you eventually update your system? Does it crash so badly that even the cookies are lost? Computers are cheaper than software these days, a new box would set you off only slightly more than you can earn in one day.

Best wishes

heinrich

Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
Local time: 13:23
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'll try Mar 31, 2005

Thanks Heinrich

I wrote to Yves, as you suggested.

I hope he's going to do something.

You know most of the relincesing were due to the fact that I had the "you exceeded 500 TUs and this a trial version" kind of message although I bought the licensed version!

So somebody in this forum suggested me to relicense and it actually worked.

That's the main reason of my multiple relicenses.

Anyway I agree with you when you sa
... See more
Thanks Heinrich

I wrote to Yves, as you suggested.

I hope he's going to do something.

You know most of the relincesing were due to the fact that I had the "you exceeded 500 TUs and this a trial version" kind of message although I bought the licensed version!

So somebody in this forum suggested me to relicense and it actually worked.

That's the main reason of my multiple relicenses.

Anyway I agree with you when you say it's worth buying new PCs

(although I have new ones)

thanks
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

not allowed to relicense

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »