Thread poster: Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Feb 18, 2008

Hi,

Ever since I upgraded to version 5.52zs I have been facing problems with power-point files. Here are some of the strange things that happen:

1. wordfast skips part of the slide i.e. there is always part of the file that is not translated.

2. when I try to clean the translated files (or part of the files), nothing happens. It goes on to 100% but then I get the message that the programme is not responding.

Has this happened to anyone else
... See more
Hi,

Ever since I upgraded to version 5.52zs I have been facing problems with power-point files. Here are some of the strange things that happen:

1. wordfast skips part of the slide i.e. there is always part of the file that is not translated.

2. when I try to clean the translated files (or part of the files), nothing happens. It goes on to 100% but then I get the message that the programme is not responding.

Has this happened to anyone else?

How did you resolve this problem?

I never had this problem with the older versions of wordfast...

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,

Ritu
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 08:43
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Try Werecat Feb 18, 2008

I have never used Wf for Powerpoint, but the Werecat macro would extract the content to Word.
Cheers
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Version 5.52zs and powerpoint 2002

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »