Thread poster: Robert Such
Robert Such
Robert Such  Identity Verified
Member (2020)
French to English
+ ...
May 19, 2021

Hi,

If anyone uses Payoneer, could you explain how you use it to receive payments, please?

Thanks.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:27
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Robert May 19, 2021

I have never received payments through Payoneer, so I don’t know if it is similar to Wise (another open banking provider some of my customers use). In this case, you don’t need to register on Wise to receive money (only to send) and it goes directly to your bank account, it’s the customer who does all.

Robert Such
Member (2020)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 19, 2021

Thanks Teresa.

I have a Wise (TransferWise) account. Just looking for a PayPal alternative that doesn’t involve bank transfers.

Tony Bennjamin
Tony Bennjamin  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 17:27
Member (2013)
Indonesian to English
+ ...
Email May 19, 2021

Hi, you can receive you payment to Payoneer by giving your registered email in Payoneer. The methods is similar with PayPal.

Fatine Echenique

Robert Such
Member (2020)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Client May 19, 2021

Thanks Tony,

Before sending the email, does the client need to open a Payoneer account and link it to their bank account?

Merab Dekano
Merab Dekano  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
How it works May 21, 2021

At least in my case, the client sets up an account with Payoneer, I create an account with Payoneer, they (Payoneer) perform some checks, approve my account and only then I can receive payments from that client. Unlike in case of PayPal, I do receive full amount the client pays.

Now, I only use it with one client (and it was their requirement to use Payoneer for payments) and I find it quite cumbersome. Time to time, Payoneer asks documents for this, papers for that, prove this, pro
... See more
At least in my case, the client sets up an account with Payoneer, I create an account with Payoneer, they (Payoneer) perform some checks, approve my account and only then I can receive payments from that client. Unlike in case of PayPal, I do receive full amount the client pays.

Now, I only use it with one client (and it was their requirement to use Payoneer for payments) and I find it quite cumbersome. Time to time, Payoneer asks documents for this, papers for that, prove this, prove that. I’m getting a bit tired and would never consider having Payoneer as a main means of receiving payments. But for one off payments it’s just fine. Nothing extraordinary, though.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Payoneer

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »