Estefanía González
Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 25, 2005

Hi,

I have received a .doc file, whose text is contained in tables.

And I was wondering..

A)Would you prepare the file in advance to avoid any likely problems, and if yes, how?

B) Would you try to give it a go and translate it directly with Wordfast?

As usual, thanks for your help.

Estefanía

Mihail Mateev
Mihail Mateev
Bulgaria
Local time: 15:48
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
translate it directly with wordfast Feb 25, 2005

... like any other usual text.

I had made a try to see in WF is working well with tables, and it really did.

My previous problems with tables were with OCR-tables, scaled text size, etc.

Since your tables are in DOC, WF should work fine with tables.

N.B. Do not forget to make a prior back-up of the original file, and never work on original file.

Best regards,

Misho

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:48
English to German
+ ...
Tables work fine here Feb 25, 2005

Hello Estefania,

actually, I have never encountered any problems with WF and tables. But since you mentioned in one of your last posts that you were having difficulties with tables, I would first give it a go. As Misho pointed out, back-up your original and work on a copy. If you encounter any problems you can still convert your tables to text or make any other preparations to work with the file.

IMHO, if WF has problems with tables it is probably due to bad formatti
... See more
Hello Estefania,

actually, I have never encountered any problems with WF and tables. But since you mentioned in one of your last posts that you were having difficulties with tables, I would first give it a go. As Misho pointed out, back-up your original and work on a copy. If you encounter any problems you can still convert your tables to text or make any other preparations to work with the file.

IMHO, if WF has problems with tables it is probably due to bad formatting and not due to WF.

Just my 2 cents.

Kindly,

Sonja
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to prepare .doc file with tables?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »